Faculty members in the Epidemiology & Public Health group are actively engaged in studying the frequency, distribution, and control of diseases in both animal and human populations. In order to accomplish these objectives, epidemiologists draw upon their expertise in medicine, biology, biostatistics/biomathematics, and social sciences.
Areas of research include:
- zoonotic diseases,
- surveillance of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases,
- international veterinary medicine and public health,
- food safety,
- biodefense, and the ecology and
- molecular epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance.
Below is a list of VIBS faculty affiliated with the Epidemiology & Public Health program.
- Dr. Christine M. Budke (Program Coordinator)
- Dr. Kevin O. Curley, Jr.
- Dr. Barbara Gastel
- Dr. Sarah A. Hamer
- Dr. Martial Ndeffo
- Dr. Kerri Norman